Gosh doesn’t time fly? Nearly half way through September and Christmas is edging towards us.
At this time of year, it’s quite important to think ahead and sought out products that are suitable for gifts…
Buyers are after a whole range of suitable items they can give to loved ones and friends.
But don’t think for a moment that they’re seeking gifts that are brand new: not all products have to be new and cellophane-wrapped.
I have a plethora of goodies ready to list for the Christmas period… These include:
- Books that are little bit unusual-perhaps an unusual hobby or sport.
- Video games.
- Books that have a topic relating to places with old photographs (I find these sell well at Christmas time).
- Craft books are also very good sellers. Again, if you can find quite niche subjects, it’s likely the value is better, thus your profits will be higher!
Here’s another idea that you might want to consider when listing products to sell with a view to Christmas present buyers: bundling items together to make more of a package.
For example, I have a pair of cufflinks that have a dartboard design etched on to them and I have a book on darts. On its own, the book has low value, but put with the cufflinks, the value of the listing will increase substantially.
I also have some cook books in fantastic condition: I intend to look for a few low-cost aprons in new condition, unisex if possible: I’ll then add an apron to a cook book listing and create a ‘unique listing’.
Of course, listings like this cannot go on Amazon: I list items like this on eBay.
Last week I sold a students’ cookery book which included a new-condition stripy apron. It sold within 24 hours of listing. It was a fun item and is very useful, especially for a new university recruit.
The idea is to make a listing ‘unique’. Do this and you can then usually price it at a premium. Here are some examples:
- Match up two or more biographies with the same topic.
- Match up children’s books, again with a similar topic, writer, and or content. Children’s books in very good or better condition are usually popular over the Christmas period.
I have also been looking through collections of CDs in charity shops and found several Christmas albums. These will be listed for sale for sure. I find Christmas-themed CDs sell very well. Christmas-themed DVDs are popular too, so if you have some, put them on.
So get searching, think outside the box, find products with synergy, and you should have great success.
This article first appeared on Book Seller Profits. Read more and comment here