Royal Ascot will be with us this week. The 5 day Festival sees the Queen trade in her Reliant Robin for Horse Drawn Carriages so she can do a bit of Royal punting.
Here are a few pointers you might like to consider this Royal Ascot.
- Stall 15 sees no win in 15 when a favourite occupied this draw. So if you see a favourite drawn from Stall 15 during Royal Ascot this week, get your laying hat on.
- Fillies as favourites really stand out. Fillies races are great for backing favourites, at least that’s what the last 10 years’ worth of results suggests.
- 23 and 24 runner races actually see the favourite post the most winning profit over the last 10 years. Yes, it seems a little counter-intuitive doesn’t it? The favourite has 22 or 23 runners to beat!
- Avoid any favourites owned/trained by Cheveley Park Stud, Godolphin and Qatar Racing Limited. Huge operations, but their runners, when favourites, have a terrible record at Royal Ascot. Click on the favourite in the Racing Post Guide and you will be able to see whether the favourite comes from these 3 operations.
- Horses whose pace characteristics are described as ‘prominent’ thrive at Ascot when favourites. I would recommend you do this. Go to racingtv.com and when you look through the Ascot racecards there, turn on the TFpacemap and look for horses in number 2. See below.
All of the above stats refer to favourites only so that should narrow any focus this Royal Ascot.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that Prince Phillip doesn’t fancy driving the Royal Carriage this Royal Ascot. And what of Donald Trump’s friend, the Prince of Whales!
Enjoy Royal Ascot.