Would you like to make some extra money from home? Do you need to make some sideline cash… and want to do it part time at home?
If so, there are lots of ways you can make some extra money from home. Here are a few quick ideas to kick off your thought processes...
9 Simple Ways to Make Money from Home
* Outside catering. Baking and preparing sweets and savouries for parties, business lunches and other functions. Or making sandwiches and offering a delivery service to local offices and factories at lunchtimes.
* Laundry and ironing. Most people hate doing the laundry and, especially, ironing. If you don’t mind it, it’s a service you can run exclusively from home – offering a collection and delivery service would be even better.
* Secretarial services. If you have a PC and a phone you could set up as a virtual secretary – answering the phone, typing letters and doing accounts. Small local businesses might be interested in your services.
* Childminding. There’s loads of demand for good quality childcare nowadays. If you get on well with small children and have some space you could become a registered childminder.
* Card making. Greetings cards are big business. According to Mintel the cards market is worth £1.48 billion a year, and the demand for specialist cards is one sector of the market that is actually growing. Cardmaking supplies are readily available. Look for upmarket shops who could sell your cards, or set up your own online shop.
* Growing and selling pot plants. This could be one for you if you have green fingers and a greenhouse. Just look at the prices charged for quite ordinary plants in supermarkets and garden centres. Find local shops willing to sell for you. Present in an attractive pot to add value.
* Craft working. Do you have a favourite craft? Whether it’s painting or drawing, making soft toys, or jewellery, or metalwork, woodwork, or maybe candle-making. Sell your products at crafts fairs and also on online sites like Folksy.com and Etsy.com
* Writing. If you’re looking for a more desk-based part time income you could consider writing. There are all kinds of opportunities, from writing articles and reviews to an ebook or doing sales copywriting.
* Direct selling. Direct selling is a business model which involves selling goods and services to people either in their own homes, or at parties or other events. It could suit you very well if you’re friendly and outgoing and like meeting people.
Which of these part time/spare time money making opportunities would you like to know more about? We’d be very interested to know what you’d like – to help make What Biz Opp an even better resource. Email in and let us know.
by Mark Hempshell
Business Opportunities Expert
Mark Hempshell is a regular contributor to What Really Makes Money. You can sign up for the free weekly eletter here:
Login to post comments (we'd love to hear from you!)
To post a comment on this article, or any of the articles on the site, please login or sign up for FREE below. You'll also be able to see what real users have to say and get unlimited access to all reviews featured on whatbizopp.com.
Create an account