Explain Apptopia to me
Apptopia.com is a highly engaging web service which acts as a mobile app marketplace.
In a general sense Apptopia is an auction based website which allows developers to sell already developed mobile applications (which are also available for people to download either through the android marketplace or the apple store).
So how do i make money from this service?
Money can be made in two ways using this website.
1) Those with development skill can develop web apps and then go to this site and list their apps.
2) The other avenue is to actually purchase an already developed application and market this yourself, it can be your chance to build a brand and refine the skills of marketing to raise awareness.
Everyone is very aware that developers are very skilled at what they do, which is to develop products but taking them to market and profitting from their skills is a totally different skill for them.
Why are the apps sold in dollars?
The products are listed in dollars as it is a US based website but the technology, which in this case is applications are compatible and can be cross sold without any restrictions.
What should I look out for when looking for applications?
All the applications are actual mobile appications which means they are made either for Android based phones or the iPhone (including the iPad). When looking at apps on this website it is crucial to engage with the seller as to the reason behind selling the application.
What is important is to try to see whether there is a...
- Twitter account available for the application (if so you can see what users or people are talking about which can raise any issues)
- Ask whether there is a domain being sold (even though applications are sold through mobiles to sell further applications the web is a good outlet).
- Ask if the server code also included in the price (which you will need if you want to make additions or improvements in the future).
Apptopia is a very good website with a lot of great apps which may be of use for individuals and also businesses (for example, an accountant firm can purchase a financial calculator application for marketing purpose). As with any auction try not to get drawn into a bidding war if you like an application. Instead pick out a few applications which you like and keep an eye on them and try to place the bids as late as posisble. The more bidders there are in the early days the more the price of these applications increase.
Login to read more (it is FREE)
To read the rest of this review, see what real users have to say and get FREE unlimited access to all the reviews on WhatBizOpp.com please enter your details below:
Create an account